Saturday, July 25, 2009

Homemade Honey Mustard

I love honey mustard.
I'm somewhat of a honey mustard connoisseur.
It all started on a choir trip my freshman year of high school. We were in a restaurant eating in between performances. I had gotten my standard chicken tenders and fries and the obligatory ramekin of honey mustard was brought with the plate. One fry accidentally fell into the dip and I ate it and was hooked on honey mustard.
From then on, I've been on the search for the perfect honey mustard.
I've tasted it all.
My favorite in the store is Ken's Honey Mustard.
My favorite from a restaurant is J Alexander's or Chili's.
However, honey mustard isn't healthy. It's good, but there is so much sugar and artificial colorings and additives put in it.
So, what is my solution? Make mine own!
And I make mine with the healthiest ingredients.
You Will Need*
2/3 c Kraft Mayonnaise made with EVOO**
1/2 c French's Yellow Mustard
1/2 c Natural Honey
1/2 tsp Black Pepper

Combine first three ingredients - make sure they are all stirred together well.

Add pepper. I don't ever measure.


*All these measurements are estimated. You will need to taste test like mad to make sure it's to your liking.


**Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 comment: