Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken

This chicken recipe I'm about to show you is hands down the easiest and best chicken recipe ever.


It's guaranteed that your family will love it. My whole family loved it and that never happens.





You Will Need


1 LB boneless, skinless chicken breasts


1 C plain breadcrumbs


1.5 TBSP Kickin' Chicken seasoning


Salt and Pepper


Milk




PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 425 degrees.




Cut your chicken breasts into nugget sized pieces.



Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. To be honest, I don't really measure the seasonings, I just eyeball them.




You need just enough milk to be able to coat however many pieces of chicken you have. I don't like to be wasteful, so I try to put only what I think I will need in the bowl. I have to remind myself that I can always add more, but I can't pour any back in.





Take your chicken nuggets and coat them in the milk and then in the breadcrumb mixture. I use my fingers, but you can use a fork or toothpick if you don't like to get your hands dirty.






Place the chicken in a pan covered with foil. When you cover your pan with foil you can use it more than once without having to wash it.



When you have properly coated all the chicken, place it uncovered into the oven for approximately 40 minutes.
Please note that cooking times for ovens vary. To make sure mine is cooked I will pull out the thickest piece and cut it open in the middle to make sure it's white and the juices are clear. Trust me, no one is more anal about making sure chicken is cooked than me.


This is a recipe that can be served with just about anything.

I usually offer sauces for dipping, including honey mustard.
I have served it will fries, baked potatoes, salad - use your imagination. You know what your family likes!
Also, the leftovers are really good used on a salad or as a sandwich!













1 comment: