Friday, August 28, 2009

Shrimp and Chicken Fried Rice

I didn't post the Spaghetti recipe from the other day, because well - it's spaghetti. And there is nothing special about it.




Here is the Chicken and Shrimp Fried Rice recipe, though.


Usually, in restaurants the dish comes with either chicken or shrimp, but I like both so I make it with both!




You Will Need


3c cooked brown rice


1 boneless, skinless chicken breast


1 bag mini cooked shrimp


1/2c water


2 tbsp soy sauce


2 eggs



2tbsp chopped green onion





Unfortunately, I don't have pictures because it was prepared for me before I got home, but I thought I would post the recipe anyway!




Cook your chicken. I just bake it and then cut it into very small pieces. Like no bigger than an inch pieces. This can be done the night before if you are trying to save time when you get home from work.

.

.

.

.

In a skillet or wok, sautee the onion. I use a little bit of EVOO.
.

.

.

.

Add the eggs and scramble them.

Add the shrimp, chicken, rice. Make sure the rice grains all separate from one another.


Add the soy sauce and sautee until it's all mixed in.




This dish should serve about 6 people. Or 4 with leftovers.

Or 2 or 1 with leftovers for that matter!


1 comment: