Thursday, August 6, 2009

Turkey Meatballs

These turkey meatballs are so good and healthy, too because they are baked and not fried. And, as always, they are super easy.
I actually made my meatballs the night before and stored them in the refrigerator. When I got home from work, I baked them while I boiled the noodles and got everything else ready.
You Will Need:
1 lb ground turkey [I get the 93/7 fat ratio]
1/3 c plain breadcrumbs
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c yellow mustard
2 tsps crushed red pepper


If you are going to fix these right away, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the breadcrumbs and crushed red pepper and stir into the ground turkey.

I actually put a little dash of salt and pepper in, too.


Stir in the ketchup and mustard. Make sure it is distributed as evenly as possible.



Roll the meat into ball form and place on a baking sheet. I cover mine with parchment paper first to prevent a mess of a pan. This is where I covered mine and put them in the fridge overnight. You can stick them right in the oven though. Bake them for about 45 minutes. Understand that oven cooking times vary - you must judge for yourself how long it will take your oven.


Here's my finished product! You have to cut these meatballs open to tell if they are done or not. Due to the fact that they do have ketchup in them, it's kind of hard to tell unless you look very closely and make sure your juices are clear.
I served my meatballs with some whole wheat garlic noodles.

I just boiled the noodles as regular, then when they were strained I put them back in the pot with some olive oil and powdered garlic and tossed them around for a few minutes.

These meatballs have a different flavor to them, but they are so good! I already have requests to fix them again - and that's always a good sign!










*Please excuse the appearance of these pictures. My camera was this-close to being dead.

1 comment: