Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches

I love Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki subs. Love them.
I wanted to find a way to make them at my house, but I never could quite figure out the recipe by tasting it - and believe me, I tried a million times.
So, I found the recipe for the sauce online.
All I did was prepare the sauce that I found here. And boy, was I nervous. I didn't want it to be gross. I then cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into small strips. They were no more than an inch wide and two inches long. I put them in a bag, poured in HALF of the sauce, poured some teriyaki sauce over it and marinated the whole day.

I had originally intended on getting Whole Wheat hoagie rolls, but I found a coupon for these new "sandwich thins" and so I decided to use them. They are really good - like a flat bread sandwich.
I toasted them in the oven with some provolone cheese.

Added some lettuce,mayo and extra sauce and was done!

Actually, I didn't put lettuce on mine. But I did have SunChips!





















No comments:

Post a Comment