Saturday, January 30, 2010

Macaroni & Hamburger Casserole

Growing up this was one of my all time favorite recipes to enjoy at my grandma's house. It still is. She makes it when we come over for dinner, when company comes or when I just call and make a request for it.
It's such a simple dish to make and it's perfect for any time of the year. But somehow it just feels like a winter dish - it's very hearty - almost a meal in itself. You don't need to serve a lot with it and actually, I don't serve a side dish with it at all. In all reality, the dish my grandma makes isn't very healthy but I've substituted healthy ingredients for the not so healthy ones.
You Will Need
1 lb ground turkey (i get the 93/7 fat ratio)
1 can tomato paste
1.5 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and begin to brown the meat and boil the noodles.




Mix the can of tomato paste with a can of water.



Combine all three ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Make sure the sauce is distributed evenly.




Put into a casserole dish and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.





The casserole will be crunchy on the top. Serve with desired side dishes, if any.
I apologize for the quality of this photo, my camera died right after I got this shot and our hunger couldn't wait for me to charge it:-)






No comments:

Post a Comment